What’s Better than an Oxygen Facial?
Today, celebrities and public figures like Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Lopez, and countless others have credited oxygen facials for their red-carpet glowing skin and vibrant looks.
According to New York board-certified dermatologist Dr. Kally Papantoniou, “For celebrities who have to be prepared for photographs and public appearances on a moment’s notice, keeping their skin looking its best is a priority. That’s why so many of them are getting regular oxygen facials.. Frequent plane rides really dry the skin out. One quick oxygen facial will dramatically rehydrate and bring back the dewy youthful look that they need to be camera-ready.” She notes that oxygen facials firm the delicate skin around your eyes and that it’s a great treatment to look into if you have a special occasion to attend or want to really boost the overall health of your skin. Virtually everyone is a candidate.
Mylene Archambault of Beautymark Solutions, the Canadian distributor for Intraceuticals, says that oxygen facial treatments can’t entirely replace Botox, but they get rather close to it. “They make the skin plumper, firmer and more hydrated,” she explains. “Fine lines and wrinkles disappear instantly. Plus, we can add atoxelene to the oxygen and hyaluronic acid mix, which does almost the same thing as Botox.”
Benefits of Oxygen for your Health
Your cells need to be oxygenated at all times to properly function. Exercise is one way to improve how much oxygen is in your body as it improves the metabolism of your cells. Similarly, oxygen facials also pump purified oxygen into your skin and “work out” your face.
As we age, the oxygen levels in our facial tissues begin to decline and degrade. Replenishing oxygen in our faces helps maintain a youthful appearance and glow as treatments are performed.
Furthermore, oxygen helps your skin better absorb ingredients that are helpful and healthy when it comes to your skin. The effectiveness of facial products and other skin care products are thus increased when used with oxygen infusion.
Oxygen is also a great anti-bacterial solution; this reduces acne and general breakouts as well as cleans your skin to provide a more natural, shiny glow.
What is an Oxygen Facial?
Oxygen facials deliver highly concentrated, purified oxygen to the skin, primarily through a mist or mask. The skin is penetrated with a serum filled with vitamins and other beneficial ingredients through the oxygen bubble. The oxygen bubble is a sort of delivery system which allows the active ingredients in the chosen serums to properly enter deeper into your skin and hydrate it. Thus, the skin is made more plump, lifted, hydrated, and revitalized. Patients can apply make-up right after their treatment for an additional glow, but it likely won’t be needed!
A small airbrush, shaped like a pen, emits 90-95% concentrated, pure oxygen. As it is aimed at the face at close proximity, high pressure causes oxygen to be blasted into the epidermis, or most superficial layer of the skin. Oxygen facials are extremely relaxing and comfortable; patients often report feeling a strong, yet painless cool blast of liquid and air on their faces. Younger patients often opt for this treatment, yet it has profound effects on aging patients too, including reduction in wrinkles, fine lines, and overall improvement of youthful complexion. Practically anyone can get an oxygen facial; side effects are very few to none (and mild) and there are countless positive benefits! As mentioned prior, celebrities make up a significant portion of oxygen facial clients, but it doesn’t mean the average person can’t get that red carpet glow either.
Oxygen Facials Explained
Oxygen facial equipment uses air as raw material and high-quality molecular sieve as adsorbent, and adopts the principle of pressure swing adsorption (PSA) to directly separate oxygen from nitrogen at room temperature; oxygen of high purity is thereby produced.
Oxygen concentrators typically use pressure swing adsorption (PSA) technology and are used very widely for oxygen provision in health care and esthetic applications, especially where liquid or pressurized oxygen is too dangerous or inconvenient.
These oxygen facial machines utilize a molecular sieve to adsorb gases and operate on the principle of rapid pressure swing adsorption of atmospheric nitrogen onto zeolite minerals, and then venting the nitrogen. This type of adsorption system is therefore functionally a nitrogen scrubber, leaving the other atmospheric gases to pass through. Thus, it leaves oxygen as the primary gas remaining. PSA technology is a reliable and economical technique for small to mid-scale oxygen generation, with cryogenic separation more suitable at higher volumes and external delivery generally more suitable for small volumes.
At high pressure, the porous zeolite adsorbs large quantities of nitrogen, due to its large surface area and chemical character. After the oxygen and other free components are collected, the pressure drops, allowing nitrogen to desorb.
How it Works
According to Dr. Marie Jhin, a dermatologist at the California Pacific Medical Center, “the science [of oxygen facial machines] is based on the fact that all cells need oxygen. Offering purified oxygen can help nisude the different serums more easily.” Jhin also commented that oxygen facials work best for patients with sensitive skin who prefer non-invasive, safe treatments.
An oxygen infusor has an air compressor, two cylinders filled with zeolite pellets, a pressure equalizing reservoir, and several valves and tubes. In the first half-cycle, the first cylinder receives air from the compressor, which lasts about 3 seconds.
During that time, the pressure in the first cylinder rises from atmospheric to about 1.5 times normal atmospheric pressure (typically 20 psi/138 kPa gauge, or 2.36 atmospheres absolute) and the zeolite becomes saturated with nitrogen.
As the first cylinder reaches near pure oxygen in the first half-cycle, a valve opens and the oxygen-enriched gas flows to the pressure-equalizing reservoir, which connects to the patient's oxygen hose.
At the end of the first half of the cycle, there is another valve position change so that the air from the compressor is directed to the 2nd cylinder. Pressure in the first cylinder drops as the enriched oxygen moves into the reservoir, allowing the nitrogen to be desorbed back into gas.
Part way through the second half of the cycle there is another valve position change to vent the gas in the first cylinder back into the ambient atmosphere, keeping the concentration of oxygen in the pressure equalizing reservoir from falling below about 90%.
The pressure in the hose delivering oxygen from the equalizing reservoir is kept steady by a pressure reducing valve in the oxygen facial machine.
Why Choose Pure Oxygen Infusion Therapy for Facials?
These oxygen facials have a plethora of benefits for patients of all skin types and ages. Here are just several:
- Promotes collagen production – The infusion of oxygen and vitamins into the skin encourages the production of collagen, which helps plump up facial features and restore volume and firmness to skin that has lost elasticity.
- Helps detox the skin – Everyday toxins like air pollution and cigarette smoke rob the skin of much-needed oxygen. An oxygen facial helps reverse the effects of environmental pollutants and rejuvenates oxygen-starved skin.
- Speeds cell turnover – Medical researchers believe that the infusion of oxygen into the skin may help the skin create new cells at a faster pace. This increased cell regeneration helps speed the healing of facial scars, acne and blemishes
- No side effects- Unlike other more invasive anti-aging treatments like Botox or microdermabrasion, oxygen infusion machines don’t cause any uncomfortable side effects like stinging, burning or redness. The process of delivering the oxygen and serum is quite gentle, which makes oxygen facials suitable for individuals with sensitive skin and for those who would rather avoid injections or chemical treatments. After an oxygen facial, you can resume normal activities immediately, even applying makeup and using normal facial products.
- After using oxygen infusion equipment, clients can expect to see a more refreshed and rejuvenated complexion. It makes anyone look well-rested with a just-back-from-vacation glow. For this reason, the using oxygen facial equipment is perfect before special occasions when clients want to look their best without any downtime.
How are Oxygen Facials Performed?
- Remove makeup using a cleanser.
- Disinfect the skin with disinfectant skin solution.
- Exfoliate the skin with microdermabrasion or hydrodermabrasion to get rid of any surface dirt or impurities.
- Select the necessary low molecular weight serum (ex: hyaluronic acid) for infusion and add it to the container in your oxygen gun on your oxygen infusion equipment.
- Push the upper button on the oxygen gun to start spreading the serum line-by-line over the face. You should hold the oxygen gun in contact with the skin or at a distance of 1 mm from the skin, to provide deepest infusion results. Slowly move the gun through the skin lines, from the center to the periphery of the face and neck.
- After the first serum is finished, add the second type of heavier serum to the gun container and repeat infusion so you can reach the middle and top layers of the skin. This ensures complete hydration and rejuvenation.
- The proper reaction of the skin to this procedure is glowing and moisturizing. More results become evident with further treatments Redness may occur, but is usually very temporary and harmless.
- Apply mask by the skin type (soothing/ moisturizing).
- Apply cream with SPF.
Using an oxygen infusion machine for a facial takes about 30-60 minutes. It is ideal to receive oxygen facials every other day for maintained results, or immediately prior to big events!
Oxygen Infusion therapy has become especially popular and loved because it has little to no risk of significant or serious side effects, unlike other salon skin care treatments. Even in patients with highly sensitive or damaged skin, redness that may occur tends to be temporary and not harmful.
One of the only downsides to getting an oxygen facial is that its effects are short-term compared to more abrasive non-invasive treatments. Additionally, results are not as visible or obvious as quick as they are with other skin care treatments because oxygen therapy works by helping the skin rejuvenate itself rather than aiming to create specific results. However, this is much more beneficial for patients in the long run.
Best Professional Oxygen Facial Machine
This is another excellent choice when searching for the best professional oxygen facial machine for your spa or salon. The Zemits Hydro Luxx is an incredible piece of equipment that combines two of the most popular and advanced esthetic treatments into one.
It utilizes both hydrodermabrasion and oxygen therapy for the best synergy. Being a great crystal free alternative to microdermabrasion, this process breaks up the outer layer of the skin to reveal a smoother, more even texture with the use of water jets.
This is perfect for people who want to exfoliate but have extremely sensitive skin. Luckily, this procedure is gentle and very relaxing without discomfort. After treatment, the skin becomes slightly pink but the color effect subsides quickly.
Hydrodermabrasion has a multitude of great benefits, including:
- Refining pores
- Encouraging softer, smoother skin
- Reduces the appearance of scar tissue
- Improves the appearance of aging, thickening skin
- Helps repair sun-damaged skin
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
The Zemits Hydro Luxx uses specific abrasive tips to gently exfoliate the skin.
First, the tips suction the skin in a gentle manner, removing the dead skin cells. Then, water is delivered to the skin with the attached nozzle, and triple action process is performed:
- Vacuum Suction.
- Peeling with abrasive tip
- Hydration with incoming liquid
The vacuum suction stimulates the lymph flow and increases blood circulation, stimulating oxygenated arterial blood to the treated area.
The abrasive tips provide deep exfoliation, remove dead cells of the stratum corneum, stimulate lymphatic drainage, make skin glow, and provide deep and comfortable pore cleansing and dirt extraction. Incoming liquid gently washes away peeled cells and hydrates the epidermis. Saline absorbs oil and sebum out of pores, providing a deep pore cleansing.If you use the solution with vitamins, the skin will also see increased revitalization through strengthening of the immune system which makes skin brighter.
When combined with hydrodermabrasion, the positive effects of oxygen infusion therapy are multiplied, and patients feel a much better improvement in glow, skin texture, and other factors than when oxygen therapy is used alone. Invest today and watch your client base and customer satisfaction skyrocket. This machine comes with a guaranteed 30 day return period, 2-year warranty, lifetime client support and free one-on-one equipment training with our licensed estheticians.